I have the initial outline for Chapter 4 to write from based on my analysis to date so I can spend some time this weekend writing. I also have two more interviews lined up, essentially finishing my interviews.
However, while I thought my codes were coming together, I started running into difficulty, so I decided I needed a better set of notes covering my interviews. Cue Audacity! Since I record in stereo, with my voice on one channel and the participant's on another, I deleted my voice, then shrunk all silences to 0.1 second, then changed the temp to be 40% faster. (Changing tempo changes the speed while trying to maintain pitch, so it's not like listening to squirrels.) That shrunk most to less than half the original length. I then fired up my Express Scribe software, attached my footpedal, opened Evernote to take notes, and let 'er rip at 90 miles an hour. I noted anything that sounded like a key point or that raised my interest. I am now getting a concise set of notes for each interview to support my use of transcripts and coding.